Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheets

how can i make , not having connections between one sheet to another sheet. Here in two sheets i am using same objects and expressions. If i am changing any positions or values of particular object, it should not get effected with another sheet.

Can anyone reply me soon on this.

Thnks

26 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Well, yes, the order of actions On Activate should be first Clear All, then Apply Bookmark (Sheet1). Then any time you activate Sheet1 will have only selections kept in Bookmark for Sheet1, and so on with every sheet.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Venkat,

On the other sheet where you dont want the objects to work on any selection, you need to right click on the object, Properties and then select DETATCH. This is an immediate and temporary solution though if thats of any use to you. Even my client had a similar requirement and as QV works on associative logic we can suggest them this.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Attached is a very simple example on how bookmarks will help you to keep selections for each sheet regardless what you have selected in the rest.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I really thank to you giving immediate replies.

i tried it but now also same, it changing the selections in other sheets.

Is there any option by not using the Bookmarks.

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I'm afraid I'm missing something, then.

When I go to Sheet1 and select Item A and Vendor A, then go to Sheet2, there are different selections done. Now in Sheet2 I select Item B and Vendor B, and go back to Sheet1, listboxes show Item A and Vendor A. Now go back to Sheet2 and you will see Item B and Vendor B. So, basically, selections are kept among sheets, and what you do in Sheet1 doesn' aply to Sheet2 and viceversa.

Are you experiencing something different?

Not applicable
Author

No Miguel, i done what you said same but not getting it why so?

I will tell you clearly what i done upto now.

First i created Bookmark(it's id BM01) in sheet1 and then i selected sheet properties there i selected "Triggers". In Triggers i clicked on "On Activate" in this i add "ClearALL" from Selection and "ApplyBookmark" form Bookmarks and i given BookmarkId as BM01.

Second i created Bookmark(it's id BM02) in sheet2 and then i selected sheet properties there i selected "Triggers". In Triggers i clicked on "On Activate" in this i add "ClearALL" from Selection and "ApplyBookmark" form Bookmarks and i given BookmarkId as BM02.

That was what i done. Is there any mistake in this process?

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, there are some differences to what I said. Have you checed the application I attached? Check there for bookmars, inline explanations and triggers in sheets.

Anyway, again, the order is

1.- Create as many bookmarks as sheets are the document has. Initially, these bookmarks will be empty.

2.- In every sheet, go to Sheet Properties and select Triggers tab, OnActivate, add the following actions:

a) Selections: Clear All

b) Bookmarks: Apply Bookmark (the ID of the bookmark created for this sheet, something like BM01)

3.- Go to OnLeaveSheet and add the following actions:

a) Bookmarks: Replace Bookmark (the same ID as in the previous point)

From now on, any actions you perform in one sheet will be kept for that sheet.

Check attached application for further reference.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hai Miguel,

I done same procedure what you given, but it happening like this: When i saving into bookmark in sheet1 the same action is also performing in Sheet2 bookmark. Now if i making changes the values in sheet2 then adding to bookmarks the same is reflecting into sheet1 and saving in bookmark.

If i am opening the bookmarks of saved list in both sheets it is displaying only the last added . The last added is either from Sheet1 or Sheet2 it is displaying on both same.

I am sending the Screenshots of my Sheet1 and Sheet2, please check this and reply to me.

SHEET1:

SHEET2:

Thnks

Not applicable
Author

Hai Miguel,

In Sheet1, if i am adding bookmark to sheet1 the same added bookmark is also adding in the sheet2 bookmark.

I need to have the sheet1 should contain only its bookmark selected within it. And sheet2 should contain only its Sheet2 selected bookmarks.

This making the problem now.

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to the attached document, Bookmarks, and check that your settings are the same that in the document. (Checked "Document bookmark", "Include selections in bookmark", etc).

On the other hand, following the steps I described above, you first make the selections (for example, year 2010), then create the bookmark, which will store Year = 2010. Then Apply bookmark (nothing will happen now, since the selection saved in bookmark and in fields are exaclty the same). This will never affect to Bookmark 2.

Note that Bookmarks are selections saved, and you may have as many as you want, and they will not interfere between them (otherwise it wdill not make any sense).

Regards.