Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding users to allow the access to AccessPoint

Hi,

I need to guarantee to view QV document via AccessPoint. I think to add the users by using the QEMC.

Where do I add the users? In the Users tab --> Section Access Management?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Andy,

Unless you are using DMS (authorization managed by QlikView, available in the Enterprise Edition of the Server) getting to the Accesspoint will be granted to all users with sufficient permissions in your seucrity directory (Active Directory in the case of Windows).

So on one had, if your document has a section access, you will have to edit the document and add the granted users in the script.

On the other hand, all users with NTFS permissions in the Directory to get to the URl and the folders that store the files will be allowed.

If you are running any proxy software or IIS, you can manage permissions there. If you are using QlikView WebServer, default folder permissions and group memberships apply.

So if one of your users is unable to get to the Accesspoint, make sure in the first places that the user has permissions in the system.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Andy,

Unless you are using DMS (authorization managed by QlikView, available in the Enterprise Edition of the Server) getting to the Accesspoint will be granted to all users with sufficient permissions in your seucrity directory (Active Directory in the case of Windows).

So on one had, if your document has a section access, you will have to edit the document and add the granted users in the script.

On the other hand, all users with NTFS permissions in the Directory to get to the URl and the folders that store the files will be allowed.

If you are running any proxy software or IIS, you can manage permissions there. If you are using QlikView WebServer, default folder permissions and group memberships apply.

So if one of your users is unable to get to the Accesspoint, make sure in the first places that the user has permissions in the system.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

So i have a related question: may an user that is not allowed to access the server machine, have access to a qlikview file using access point?

I'm trying to do this.

By now, the user enter access point, system asks his NT Name and PWD, he digits the right pwd, then the browser asks him user and pwd to enter the server, and at this point I make the user digit a default user and password, I had to set this default user in System, Setup, Login of the QEMC.

But I don't want that systems ask this default user pwd. Is it possible?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Let me see if I got it right: if the user does not have permissions to access the Server machine (where the QlikView documents are running) then no, it's not possible for the user to see the QVW files.

If NTFS is selected and your user belongs to a domain, then the security policies will apply, regardless what you set in QEMC. If DMS is selected, and the user is indeed allowed into at least one document, he will be able to log into the AccessPoint, but these two users are different (one exists in the QlikView database and the other in the AD catalog) you are prompted twice.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I think that your first answer is what I needed.

The license is a SB, so only NTFS is allowed.

I think that I can solve this problem managing the directory service connector settings of the QEMC.