Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview's Maximum data volume

Hi,

Does anyone know what's the maximum data volume QV can holds?

Either by per QVW or by QVD?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nick,

I'd say that the limit is the computer and network you have. Depending on your server and network hardware, QlikView will manage quicker or slower the same file. For what it's worth, I'm using several 10GB+ QVW files (without compression) and the file behaves (it's over a half billion rows). I've seen some 10Gb QVD files working as well. How quick will depend on your users expectations and requirements.

There are some people around managing really huge data volumes, so let's see what they say.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nick,

I'd say that the limit is the computer and network you have. Depending on your server and network hardware, QlikView will manage quicker or slower the same file. For what it's worth, I'm using several 10GB+ QVW files (without compression) and the file behaves (it's over a half billion rows). I've seen some 10Gb QVD files working as well. How quick will depend on your users expectations and requirements.

There are some people around managing really huge data volumes, so let's see what they say.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

dpietersz
Creator
Creator

For a telecom company I had to work with a database of 150GB. The quad-core server with 64 GB memory is performing perfect for them.

Your biggest limitation will be hardware.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The biggest actual .qvw file that I've seen was around 35GB on disk, but I'm sure there's other bigger ones out there.

Hardware sizing, as mentioned, is definitely important, but a lot of the performance comes from sensible data modelling and document design. I.e. a document designed for its purpose.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Nick ...

If u are using Qlikview 9/10 then they don't have any size limitations regarding handling data ...

they are directly proportional to your hardware requirements ...

if u increase ur hardware requirements then u can handle more data volumes in size...

Thanks a lot

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer guys !!!! 

I have not been working with data that huge, and i'm trying to find out more info about better data architecture for QV.

May i also invite you guys to have your comment at - http://community.qlik.com/message/121287#121287 ?

Thanks and happy Qliking...