Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to transfer parameter in url? I use opendoc.htm to open a ajax client.

How to transfer parameters in url? I use opendoc.htm to open a ajax client. I can transfer userid and password. But I wanna transfer another parameters from url.  Thanks.

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

... /opendoc.htm?document=temp.qvw&para=12345  I use this to open a ajax web page. Now I want to transfer a parameter to qvw files but not userid and password. Who can tell me how to do this ? Thank you very much.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the the attached document, which have details about how to pass selection parameter to an url and in what manner.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

hi, Thank you for your reply. What I want to transfer is not the selection parameter but a normal prameter. Can it be transfered in url? Thanks again.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What normal parameter you want and what will be the effect of that parameter on the document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi, What I wanna is a date range. I want to transfer 2 parameters, one is begin date the other is end date. And I use these 2 parameters as a range which is used in set-analysis in a chart.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I think you can set the variable value from url.

but dont know how,

Have a look at the below post.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/19767

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

HI, I read your reference post. But it seems that it can't pass  a  parameter in ajax. And I dont' want to use bookmark in my application. Can you give me some further advice? Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

You can add a line to the opendoc.html file

var d1 = Qva.ExtractProperty("param1", null);

var d2 = Qva.ExtractProperty("param2", null);

call opendoc.htm?param1=20110713&param2=20110720

This is the ajax method for getting its own parameters like document and object. I have used in with QV10 and if I understand you correctly this maybe what you want?

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi, andy Thank you for your reply. I want to use your method. Could I have to add a parameter in QVW?