11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2014 6:00 AM by Tony Salameh RSS

Import document layout on QV10 SR1

Ralf Becher

Hi,

I have no idea how to import the document layout.The export creates a bunch of files but no Layout.xml file (TopLayout.xml instead).

But, this file I cannot import. Even if I rename it to Layout.xml.

This should be a bug. I know it works on some version before...

- Ralf

• Import document layout on QV10 SR1
    John Trigg

Ralf

In SR1 the Export function was updated to emulate the new Project Component Files functionality we added in Version 10. Prior to SR1 you had to manually create a subdirectory named after your QVW to get QlikView to create the individual XML and TXT files that represented the layout and logic (but not the data) of the QVW. In SR1 we have modified the behavior of Export Layout. Now when you use that, we check for the sub-directory, if it is not present, create it, and then create the component files. Each time you reopen the QVW QliKView when it detects the subdirectory, rebuilds the layout, script, module code from the content of the files in the subdirectory.

So how can you use the content of the subdirectory to build (or previously IMPORT Layout) for a new QV? With the functionality of the project component files you can take the following steps (assumes original QVW was called TEST.QVW and subdirectory is called TEST-prj)

1. Create a new QVW and save it (e.g. TEST2)

2. Close TEST2.qvw

3. Copy the subdirectory TEST-prj and make a copy of it in the same directory as TEST2.qvw. Call the new sub-directory TEST2-prj

4. Reopen TEST2.qvw

You'll find the new layout, script, code etc now appears in TEST2. You will have to reload the QVW (Test2).

In future releases we'll be incorporating more of the management & use of the components files into standard QlikView functionality

Regards

John Trigg

• Re: Import document layout on QV10 SR1
    Tony Salameh

Dear Ralf,

I have [QV11.00.11154.0 IR64-bit Edition]

I tested your method of creating a TEST.QVW, then create a folder called TEST-prj where I exported the layout using: File>Export>Export Document Layout and choose the folder TEST-prj. I got 85 files in this new folder: 82 xml files, 2 txt files (LoadScript & Module) and 1 file DocBinary.dat.

The I created a new file TEST2.QVW with a new folder TEST2-prj.

When I opened the TEST2 file I cannot neither import the xml files nor the layout.xml.

I used a script "Binary TEST.qvw;" to have the same data without any objects in the sheets. Then I tried File>Import>Import Document Layout without any success.

Did I missed something

Thank you in advance

Tony