Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Pie Chart - "Others" Issue when 2 expressions are presented

Hi,

I have a Pie Chart with 2 expressions ( % and Qty )

Both expressions are shown in all customers except for "Others" category which shows only percentage

Attached the QVW file,

Any suggestions?

PieChart.JPG

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ori Tal,

I just opened your app. The pie chart seems to be ok. I am using QV11.

Stefan

PieChartProblem.png

orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Stefan, Any idea how to overcome this Issue in QV10 ?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I can see the issue in QV10, but I have no idea how to solve it (seems like a bug to me). Do you use the latest QV10 release (I currently don't right here)?

What is working is creating an expression group out of the two expressions (drag the second expression on the first in expression tab), then you could switch between the two number formats by clicking the expression group button in the chart. But that is not exactely what you initially requested.

orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the workarround solution, Since this is a static dashboard with no user interaction abilities

this will not work. Thanks anyway!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe you can elaborate on something like attached, using a text in chart. You probably need to position the text in chart at a position that is suitable even when the number / percentage of other is changing.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Hi Ori,

The Pie chart seems to behave differently in Version 11 and earlier versions.

As you can see that in version 11, we can not drill down on others to see which all are part of others while in earlier versions we could.

And, in earlier versions, Others will only show 1st experssion value at the data point.

So, in your case one possible alternative could be using show numbers in legend so, you can show your 1st expression values with legends and second ones on pie slices (data points).

Just my 2 cents, may be Stefan can suggest some better alternatives.

Regards

Ashutosh

orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Stefan,

Your attachment seem to work but im not sure how.

Please explain what exactly did you do to make it work?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please go to presentation tab - Text in chart. I used a text expression like

=if(count(distinct TS_COMPANIES_NAME)>5,

'('&count({<TS_COMPANIES_NAME = {"=num(rank(count(TS_ISSUEID),4))>5"}>} TS_ISSUEID)&')','')

The magical number '5' is indicating your maximum number of slices (maybe it its better to use a variable here and in the maximum number of slices field of presentation tab).

Then I used  CTRL-Shift togehter with the mouse to move the text in chart at its position (as said, if the numbers / size of slices change, this might need to be adjusted or a one-fits-all position needs to be found).

I also tried Ashutosh's alternative, but then I ran into:

http://community.qlik.com/message/189847

Hope this helps,

Stefan