14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 6:51 AM by Asaf Meir RSS

Leading zeros

Kamiel Rajaram

Good day,

I am having an issue when exporting to excel, where the leading zero's are being dropped. How would I be able to resolve this.

Thank you in advance.

Kamiel

• Re: Leading zeros
    jagan mohan

Hi,

Try using the  Text() in your load script, it converts numbers to text.

Ex:

LOAD

Text(FieldName) AS Field1,

'

'

'

FROM FileName;

Regards,

Jagan.

• Leading zeros
      Kamiel Rajaram

Hi,

This is not in the load. It is in the dimension on a straight table. I have edited the field text(field). It displays correctly on the document, but when I click the XL icon the leading zero is dropped.

Regards

Kamiel

• Leading zeros
    sebablum

You probably used the formatting in the "Numbers" tab in your object, I guess. My proposal is to import your data as text in your load script, TEXT(YourFigures) AS Field1. Maybe, the problem can be solved when you just go to Settings / Document Properties / Numbers and choose number format "Mixed" and "Survive Reload" in the settings for your field.

Does this work?

Regards,

sebablum

• Leading zeros
      Kamiel Rajaram

Hi,

Thank you, I have checked and those settings already exist. It seems to have resolved itself. Thnak you for your assistance. Previously under dimension it was =Ttext(field) and now it is =text(field). not sure if this is an issue.

Thank you again for your assistance

Regards

Kamiel

• Leading zeros
    Kamiel Rajaram

Good day,

I'm back with the same question. I have tried all mentioned solutions ans none seem to work on a large dataset. I am exporting 400000 rows to excel and the leading zeros are getting dropped. if I limit the dataset, the 0's are present. I am at a loss of whta the issue may be. In my load from the qvd file the load is  Load text(dialling code from file .qvd()qvd. I also adfd acalculated dimesion text(dialling code).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you