74 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 4:15 AM by Amelia D RSS

Where to read license usage from?

dragonauta

Hi,

I want to create an application for license usage analysis, but I don't know where to read that info from, and I've given up on making the QMS API work. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

• Where to read license usage from?
    Leonard Short

I suspect this may be what you are looking for?

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1029

• Where to read license usage from?
    David VASSEUR

I have just started playing with QMS API and I have created a small application to retrieve CAL definitions (Named CAL/Doc CALs, documents authorizations if using DMS). These informations are stored in xml files which can be loaded in a QVW.

Some remarks:

• NET 3.5 required (same as Qlikview Server)
    • You have to be in the "Qlikview Administrators" and "Qlikview Management API" groups
    • QVS and DSC have to be on the same server
    • I have just loaded to files in the QVW, there is no design yet (feel free to contribute ;-)
    • This is just a beta/proof of concept application, use at your own risk !

You can download the file here: http://dl.excelcio.com/QVSCALManager_beta.zip

Next step: do the same in a WebService so that info can be retrieved within Qlikview with a "load from http://xxx"

PS. for those interested in developping their own applications, check this file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QMSAPIDocumentation.chm (should have be stored in the SDK folder IMO...)

• Re: Where to read license usage from?
    Stevens Bonnand

Hi,

I read this topic with some interest. Do we have an update or documentation ?

I found a lot of .zip but I tried unsuccessfully

Stevens Bonnand

Hi David,

After a successfull test with v11, I tried on v10 then I get this error :

The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded.

To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriat

e binding element.

Exception:

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException

Stack Trace:

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.ThrowMaxReceivedMessageSizeExceeded

()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.GetMessageBuffer()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.ReadBufferedMessage(Stream inputStr

eam)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpInput.ParseIncomingMessage(Exception& req

uestException)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpCha

nnelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeS

pan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message messag

e, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean on

eway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan tim

eout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCall

Message methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage req

Msg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgDa

ta, Int32 type)

at QMSManager.QMSAPI.IQMSBackend.GetUserDocuments(Guid qvsID)

at QMSManager.QMSAPI.QMSBackendClient.GetUserDocuments(Guid qvsID)

at.♣(QMSBackendClient ☻, Guid ♥)

at ♣.☻(Guid ☻, Boolean ♥)

at ♣.♥(String[] ☻)

at ♣.☻(String[] ☻)

I use the commandeline version, and I also tried the debug version with the same result.

Could you help me on this please ?

David VASSEUR

Hi Stevens,

It's probably because you have a lot of users/documents, try ths:

Edit QVSCALManager.exe.config (it's a text file so use Notepad for example)

At line 14 replace:

maxBufferSize="65536" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="65536"

with

maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxBufferPoolSize="0" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647"

Save and try again, it should work !

By the way, this application won't be updated, I'm currently working on a new version which will be integrated within Qlikview (easier to reload and much better for results analysis )

Regards,

Stevens Bonnand

Awersome !! thanks for your rapidity.

It's work. I didnt think about edit the .config file.

You're work is really interresting.

Just to understand, how work you're .exe ? Where do you extract license informations ? (in some word, not in details of course).

Thanks again, have a nice day.

Stevens Bonnand

Hi, again

I got a new problems.

In a manuel case, I can reload my application (my account is granted about document/user propertie) and I'm in the required windows group.

But when I tried to reload thanks to amdinistration consol, I got an error. XML aren't loaded !

I guess the Execute command crash but why ? I miss something ?

I know that task is lunched with another account (sysbatch in my case). He have the same right as myself. And manually, its work too.