Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down

I have created a drilldown group with Region, District and Territory. Now when i click on any Region it drills down to District, Clciking District drills down to Territory. Now if i am clicking on Territory only one Territory is selected and other territories get excluded. I want that even if i click on any Territory then all the Territories in a particular district should appear without excluding the other possible Territories in that particular District (i.e. it should not drilldown further after Territory). How this can be down ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Finally got my answer.

if(GetCurrentField([DrillDownGroupName])= 'TERRITORY',

(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},ZIP=, Name=,TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change))/
(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},ZIP=, Name=,TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume))-
SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},ZIP=, Name=,TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change)))),

(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change))/
(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume))-
SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change)))))

Thanks

View solution in original post

10 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

maybe change the type of the group from drill down to cycle?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I can not do that. My requirement is such that i have to use Drill Down Group only.

Not applicable
Author

What you can do, is build a trigger to prevent the selection of any Territory value. This trigger will undo any made selection on territory immediately.

Please see my attached example.

You can find the trigger at Document Properties -> Triggers:

- Document Event Trigger 'OnAnySelect'

- Field Event Trigger 'OnSelect'

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply JV. But can i do this for a particular sheet. Because i have to show the selections of territories inother sheets. Through this trigger i can not select territories in my entire report. But i want this to happen only for one sheet.

Not applicable
Author

Hi JV,

I have given the action in sheet properties. It is working fine but the problem is when i am moving to the previous sheet where i had selected some territory the selections are lost. i have to maintain my territory selection when i move back to the first sheet but this action is clearing the selection of territories.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am afraid you cannot restrict this to a single sheet. Unfortunately the Sheet triggers are more limited.

Nicole-Smith

You can apply this on an object by object basis by using set analysis:

{<Territory = >} will cause any selections in Territory to not affect the chart.

(I have also attached the above .qvw with this applied to the chart.)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicole,
I have this expression but this is not working.

if(Segments='Advocates',

(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Advocates'}, TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change))/
(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Advocates'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume))-
SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Advocates'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change)))),

(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change))/
(SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume))-
SUM({$<%EPID={1}, Segment={'Splitters'},TERRITORY=>}(eTRx_Volume_Change)))))
How can i modify so that it works ??
Nicole-Smith

Can you post a .qvw with sample data (or scramble the data that you already have)?  I can't tell what is going on without actually seeing it.