cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to uplaod fonts in QlikView?

Hi All,

Could anyone will help me to upload new fonts in QlikView, so that I can use those font in QV document. I have  already installed those  font in the machine but not coming in QlikView.

Best Regards,

Shubham

7 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Shubham - I'm assuming that you added new fonts under Control Panel and Fonts folder, is this right? Are you adding .OTF or .TTF? Have you tried to check if these fonts exist in other applications like WordPad or Microsoft Word? Also, please can you provide the specific font name?

Thanks,

DV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The problem here is that even if you upload fonts to your server, my understanding is that they will not be displayed to the users unless the special fonts are loaded onto each machine as well.  Not sure if this is practical in your environment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Couron,

Thanks for your reply. If all the user will be looking at the same server QV report then they must be seeing the  same font, which I have applied. So  my question is how  to set new fonts in QlikView font tab. I searched all the possibility. I didn't find any font tab under  QV. Need help.

Best,

Shubham

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

Thanks for your  reply.  I have copied and pasted in server font and I am able to  see those font  in other  application like MS-Word etc. Would  I be able to get those font  even in QV. FYI..the font  name is MyriadPro-Bold_1, georgia_4, and so many others which is not available in  QV right  now.

Thanks,

Shubham

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Shubham – My understanding is that the fonts are rendered by local operating system. I understand that you have loaded fonts on the Server but I really doubt if it can pick up the font. Because, Access Point communicates with Web Server like any other website. So if you don’t have the font locally installed then I don’t think you can view it on your browser. Again, I’m might be wrong but this is my gut feeling. Probably, other experts can add more value to this thread. I’ll keep my eyes open on this thread.

Sorry, I can’t solve this one for you. Good luck!

Cheers - DV

-

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again for your very  polite  reply.  As of now my QlikView  is installed on server and right now my aim to show the report to the only in server with the help of the current  branding font. Anyways even I will  keep  eye on  this post any expert might provide me the solution.

Thanks,

Shubham

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You are welcome mate. If it's just branding font, I mean if its something like a logo then you can probably use design software like Illustrator, FireWorks, PhotoShop or simply MsPaint and you can save it as image and use the image instead of using the font. But I'm sure you must have thought about this tweak, but I thought its worth mentioning - Just in case!

Cheers - DV