Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License to developer in WorkBench

Hi dear community

I' new new in QV Work Bench i need know if is nescesary some license or serial to develop in Workbench. I need include an .Net control (components)  in a QVW file.

If i install QV Workbench and open Visual Studio then create a new ASP NET project can i work without license?  or need someone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Workbench is basically to integrate qlikview charts in a webpage.

QlikView Workbench is kind of add-in for visual studio.

To work with QlikView Workbench, it should be enabled in the server license. You can see these lines WORKBENCH:YES;; if your server license is workbench enabled.

After that, as usual, you can open visual studio and insert a new QvObject from the toolbox in the web page.

You can link the charts or reports of the qlikview document mounted in the access point.

Workbench is always communicates to QlikView Server to pull the objects to show it in the webpage.

Regards

Andrew Hudson

View solution in original post

3 Replies
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Workbench is basically to integrate qlikview charts in a webpage.

QlikView Workbench is kind of add-in for visual studio.

To work with QlikView Workbench, it should be enabled in the server license. You can see these lines WORKBENCH:YES;; if your server license is workbench enabled.

After that, as usual, you can open visual studio and insert a new QvObject from the toolbox in the web page.

You can link the charts or reports of the qlikview document mounted in the access point.

Workbench is always communicates to QlikView Server to pull the objects to show it in the webpage.

Regards

Andrew Hudson

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew,

I'm trying to know whether my server license support Qlikview Workbench or not.

Where can i find these lines WORKBENCH:YES;; in my Qlikview Server ?

Thanks in advance.

alex_nerush
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can check that using QlikView Management Console. Open "System" tab, than click "Licenses" and select QlikView server in the list below.  The availability of Workbench feature will be displayed as shown in the image below.

scrn.png