Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview ticketing for SSO is not working in Qlikview 11

After deploying the latest version of Qlikview, the ticketing functionality for SSO does not seem to be working. The server is running in DMS mode. We are getting a ticket when running the code for it. However if we pass this ticket in the URL it is still asking the user for login details. Has anyone faced this issue?

52 Replies
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I've also played a bit with the new webticket system and faced the same issue as jbonnel99 (authentication required) but I was using QVWS. Back to the old ticketing system which is working fine !

Daniel, what do you mean with "you're unable to manually assign named CALs unless you have a DSC in place" ? You are trying to generate tickets for accounts which are not existing in any DSC ? It is working ???

David

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

David, yes, there is no need for the user to exist in a DSC in order for ticketing to work. (There was no need in QV9 nor QV10 either).

You can test it out by setting the license assigment to dynamic mode.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I am also trying to implement ticketing in QV11, and am getting very close - but am presently getting a "Failed to authenticate" message in Chrome.

The ticket is getting given out successfuly, and the URL that is then called seems to be correct, but I can not see how I can allocate a licence to the user who has requested the ticket.

Now I have set the server to Always Anonymous (which I believe is the correct route) I can no longer search for users to grant licences to.  There also seems to be no way in QV11 just to type user names.  The server is set to dynamically grant licences - but this also seems not to be kicking in.

I am on SR1 of QV11.

Thanks in advance.

-Steve

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Steve, if you're getting a "failed to authenticate" error it's probably not related to license assignment. You can also use the powertools to assign named cals.

I don't believe your server should be set for anonymous access (unless you're trying to achieve anonymous access and you have session or usage CALs). It's the webserver that should be configured for anonymous access, if you're using IIS make sure all virtual folders are running under a user that has access to QlikView.

Also authorization should be set to DMS (that means you need an QlikView Server Enterprise license).

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  Looking further into the security I think the part of the puzzle that I am missing is getting a Directory Service Connector set up that hooks into our SQL Database.  I'm trying to use Configurable ODBC.  Presently it doesn't seem to be authenticating with the settings I have at the moment - but I suspect it will just be a SQL Security setting or somesuch.

I shall post back to this thread when I find out more.

- Steve

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Steve, you can get it to work without a DSC. My guess is that problem is on the webserver settings.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks Daniel.  You may well be right.  We are getting someone from QlikTech to check over the settings - hopefully they will be able to advise the correct settings for IIS.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Daniel - it transpired that there was a rogue character getting into the URL that QlikView was interpretting as part of the ticket and therefore not recognising it. As you correctly pointed out - DSC was not required as licences are granted as tickets are requested.

I'm intending to blog on the set up of ticketing at some point soon.  Watch this space.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hey Steve,

I know many of us are waiting anxiously for your blog post.

-Ralph

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve!

Can you give us a hint about the rogue charatcter.

-Lasse