3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 5:09 AM by Chris Butcher RSS

QlikView Consultant wanted: UK

Philip Doyne

Opportunity to work with us in a long standing QlikView Reseller.

This is a full blown consultancy role working with external clients as a consultant.

Requires travel and staying away in potentially any part of UK.

You need some (or all!) of the following (we can use all but do NOTexpect them in one person):

- QlikView Desktop Experience (developer and designer)

- QlikView Server Experience (small business)

- QlikView Server Experience (enterprise)

- QlikView Publshier Experience

- Experience as a consultant (ie not just in company work)

- Experience of working on your own at a client

- Must have car

- MUST be based in UK (ideally North of England)

- Must be totally unphased by travel and short notice requirement to go to (say) Scotland/Cornwall/Wales - or occasionally your next door village!)

- SQL Server - Data Architecture - Database Design

- Web Design Skills

- Virtual Server Management (HyperV)

- Current (or historical) programming experience

- Virtual Server Management (HyperV)

That said we would consider post graduates (probably but not necesarily Business or Computing) with the relevant interest and enough experience to learn VERY quickly.     

Full time position preferred but would consider contractors who want a bit of flexibility in the days they work - do not want someone who is going to have other opportunites which might conflict.

Please email CV and succinct interesting covering letter (have you done anything really interesting with QlikView)  to:

recruitment@qlickit.co.uk

QlickiT(Intelligent Technologies) Ltd.

web -   www.qlickit.co.uk

• Re: QlikView Consultant wanted: UK
    colin robinson

I can hit the following, but unfortunatly not available till beginning of sept, but this sounds very interesting do you mind if I make contact  when im available.

You'l need some (or all!) of the following (we can use all but do NOTexpect them in one person):

- QlikView Desktop Experience (developer and designer)

-

- QlikView Server Experience (enterprise)

-

- Experience as a consultant (ie not just in company work)

- Experience of working on your own at a client

- Must have car

- MUST be based in UK (ideally North of England)  Im Based Nottingham,can get anywhere in uk at short notice

- Must be totally unphased by travel and short notice requirement to go to (say) Scotland/Cornwall/Wales - or occasionally your next door village!)

- SQL Server 2008 - Data Architecture - Database Design  & MS BI stack (with Kimball)

- Web Design Skills

- Virtual Server Management (VM-Ware)

- Current (or historical) programming experience  Historical VB & Vb Net (Intermediate)

Ive spent most of my working life in Hotels contracting around SQL server & Business Intelligence, Usually only returning home for Weekends and laundry. My wife understands and my son(14) wants to be a consultant !

Ive attached my current contracting CV

zahirjajee

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone please let me know if I can convert the current QlikView Physical Server installation into a Virtual Machine?

I'm asking this question to stay in a supported scenario. If it is possible we would like to convert the Physical installation to Hyper-V Virtual Machine.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Zahir Hussain Shah

Chris Butcher

Hi Zahir,

Yes it is possible, but you will need a back up solution thats support Restore to VM.

We use Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Virtual For Hyper-V,

The agent for Hyper-V uses the unified backup format which is fully compatible with other platform agents,

including Agent for Windows, Agent for Linux and Agent for ESX(i).

The Universal Restore function automatically re-configures systems and injects drivers to makes sure

it boots on its new virtual or physical hardware.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Chris