Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Spam posts flood Community - No measures possible?

Dear Jason et al,

since a week or so, spam posts flood the community (well, this observation is quite obvious).

Isn't there any counter measure possible?

I remember my postings needed administrator review some times before published, so I think it should be possible to filter TV transmission ads quite easily?

I also think no one human being is able to post several new discussions within a minute or so.

Best regards,

Stefan

14 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Sara,

Thanks again for working hard on cleaning the Spam's.

We proud to be the part of this community. Only thing for our concern is, we keep saying our community is the best, but this kind of incident force us to think again on being the best community.

But I appreciate the hard work you and your team have done, keep it up.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi all,

I trust the organization and I'm sure everything will be ok again but ... (even if this is not the most important thing)

during this spam attack I've lost a lot of points made in the last 3 days, is it

normal?

Alexandros

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Sara,

first, thank you and your team for all efforts to keep the spammers out and the community clean.

I am just wondering, how do these 'watch live' spammers get to submit postings literally all containing "LIVE" in the title (observed this saturday evening), while I am occassionally being sent to moderations when my posts contain some of your banned key words. I would have assumed that LIVE should be one of these

Best regards,

Stefan

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Same here. Points I don't care much about, but I think over 50 posts of mine are gone too. I hope those can be restored somehow.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feedback Stefan,

We have enabled moderation for all content in QlikCommunity and you are right LIVE is one of the tags which we are blocking. We are investigating how any of the Spam content has been able to go live.

I also wanted to thank you for being one of our top contributors in QlikCommunity!