Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Updating QlikView from Datasource"Excel"

Hello,

My excel workbook which is updated daily is my datasource uploaded to Qlikview.

Question: Is there a way that once the excel is updated that its reflected in QlikView without re-uploading the excel file so I won't have to rewriting script editing to display as I would like.

Thank you

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not sure what you want to achieve.

If you want to trigger the reload on the server from externally, you can use EDX

Using EDX in QlikView 11

You can also create a time schedule on the server that may fit your needs, e.g. reload every hour.

I think in any scenario, you would need to somehow trigger a reload of your document.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Filetime() function tells the last modification time of a file. But this is a script function. You can use this function in the script before LOAD statement and decide if the file is to be reloaded or not(use exit script command to skip the reload).

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You could be reloading the file every 5 secs or the time your load needs, but I rather use an EDX trigger as mentioned above or an scheduled reload. Anyway, QlikView needs to reload the script and therefore reading the data sources, you cannot push into memory what you have just changed in Excel.

If you are using QlikView Server, you can check about the Real Time Server functionality in the following links just in case it works for you:

Miguel