Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

jmeter: multiple sessions

Hi,

using QVScriptGenTool I realized my jmeter script.

Testing with 50 threads (users), I find in session log a lot of messages like  "Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client". Every thread interrupts started session.

In Qlikview server we have only Named User CALs and Document CALs.

NTFS authorization is required.

Different logins ,added using HTTP Authorization manager, are not used. Only the login of user that run jmeter is used.

Someone launched the script with more contemporary sessions in qv10?

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Where can we get this QVScriptGenTool ?

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

You can find the tool and other useful information on the main page of this community group. The direct link to the tool is http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2705.

Regards

/Sebastian

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sebastian!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sebastian,

I am trying to figure out what authentication type to use NTML or Basic, our Qlikview server default authentication type is NTML (under System > Set up> Authentication), I am testing a QV server licensed with 100  named user CALS.

I understand that for testing scenario of multiple users acessing different documents in different JMeter instances, should we choose NTML?

For NTML one authenticated windows user account which runs load test needs to be enough, we need not create and supply other test windows accounts, right?

When do we need to choose authentication type Basic?

please suggest, I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Swetha

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Actually I would recommend using header authentication, if possible. Set the environment up to use header authentication, and do the same for the tools, which means creating a textfile with usernames for the users you want to simulate. No extra windows accounts need to be created (you still need the one running the script to belong to the domain etc)

Basic can do the trick as well, but there is some more steps to take so I would try the header first.

As an advice, before running multiple users, run the script with one user only to verify that one user can be simulated, then test with multiple users.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sebastian,

Continuation with the last response on using header authentication, does authentication type has any dependence on Cals Type avaliable on QV server?

We have QV server licensed with 100  named user CALS. 

Could we able to access files from QV server with only Named cals and header authentication type setup?

Or do we need Session cals for  header authentication type setup?

Thanks,

Kamal

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi Kamal,

You are not limited to have session CALs if using header. If you have Named user CALs and have set up the environment to assign them properly it will work with the tools if it works for single users accessing the document(s) manually via a browser.

Regarding how it should be setup on the server side,that information can be found the Qlikview Server Reference Manual.

Regards

Scalability center

Not applicable
Author

Do we need DMS Authorization to be set for Multiple User and Basic Authenticatin?. Can we still create user in Local machine and use Basic Authentication. I have checked that it works if user are created in the QVS using DMS and Basic Authentication. Any document related to user creation on Local Machine and Basic Authentication wouild be great

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gary,

Might you be able to help me with resources on how you setup jMeter to use Basic Auth as well as IIS config?

evgeny
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sebastian,

Could you explain, please – what are other steps that need to use the scenario of multiple users accessing with just NTLM authentication?