Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data modeling

There are many discussions like this one but I really can't get a grasp of my problem.

I'm trying to build an application with a lot of different data sources and can't get the data model to work.

All of the fact tables have some sort of date in them and many of them also have a user dimension.

I first thought of populating the calendar with the user data but that would have generated 12 000 000+ rows so that's obviously not the way to go.

It also feels wrong to join for example the Agent_Avail and Schedule tables since that would create so many empty rows.

Below is a (very) simplified image of the data but it shows my problem.

Any pointer on where to start would be much appreciated!

I guess the correct answer to my question is to enlist for a course in data modeling but that's not an option

Data_Model.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot!

Since I have a lot of fact tables that don't share data it was most efficient to build a link table.

Data Modelling.pptx was a great guide on how to work that out.

All the sources probably contain around 20 million rows so I am a bit worried over performance issues since I want them all to hook up to the link table. If I've understood it correctly the link table should contain the sum of all the dimensions and fact tables?

Data_Model.png