Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Different date range selections on charts

Hi,

I am creating 2 charts in my dashboard. These two charts use 2 different dates.

I am trying to use date range selection button to pass the dates selected to 2 different charts by using select in field function on the button.

However, it seems not working. The problem i see is the dates data is as below because of the other tables and relationships.

Date1            Date2

1-1-2010         -

2-2-2010         -

-                   1-1-2010

-                   2-2-2010

There are no associated dates for each other.

But my charts should work when i select one date with the button like '1-1-2010' and the 2 charts should show the data for this date using 2 different date fields as Date1, Date2.

How Is this possible?

I appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

Shyam.

8 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Shyam,

Try to create a master calander, it may help you.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks KC for the reply.

Do you mean creating one Master Calender table with the 2 different date tables that I have?

Sorry, for the trouble, can you please provide bit more information on the suggested solution.

Or any links that would help me for my scenario.

Thanks heaps.

-Shyam.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Shayam,

Can you tell me how your chart is depending on both dates (Date1 and Date 2).

Expression would help me to understand more.

What i suggested is to create master calander for doth Date1 and Date 2.

Creating A Master Calendar

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi KC,

Thanks for your inputs.

And sorry for not being more clear on what actually my problem is.

I do have one single Date table in the database but in the QV data model i had to create two Date tables(Alias table)

to join them to two different Fact Tables.

But when I create 2 charts the problem is applying a Date range selection on the dates.

If apply a date range selection one date table, the other date table might go grayed out as there may not be associated data in the second date table.

If i create master calender I would end up have two master calender tables that again join to the fact tables and I would still have the same first problem. Sorry if i am not clear on explaining my problem.

Somehow i need to have one single Date table and when selected the selected date range values need to be passed onto two different charts.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Shyam.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Shyam,

What i suggest is to avoid linking Date to fact table, since it is creating confusion.Use some other field which can  be a primary key.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi KC,

Yes, I do have a Primary Key column in Date table as Date ID and the same in Facts that is used to join.

Is this what you mean?

sorry i am bit dumb at times.

Thanks heaps.

Shyam.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Shyam,

Date ID sounds strange to me, do you have any onther field which you can use to join with fact table? like Customer ID of Emp ID, it should be uniquie with in the table.Can you share your table view's screenshot?

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi KC,

The fact table has its own unique key field. Also, it has the Date key field to join with the date field.

so the join between the fact table and the date table is as below.

Fact_table.date_id=dim_date.date_id

Thanks heaps.

Shyam.