cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

Enable users to reload at their will?

I've been running out of arguments when I get a request for certain users to be able to reload an QVapp as they wish/want/need.

Applications are multi-site and use external files for which users do not have access to and would not be able to reload it. They also, for obvious reasons, do not have the write/modify access to the apps folders so they will not be able to save the refreshed file even if they were able to run the reload.

I also do not want to give them access to the Management Console in order to keep it safe.

Probably, you know how different people we are, they wouldn't accept more often automatic reloads.

Has anything else left? What would be your suggestion here?

Thank you

6 Replies
cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

You can create a button in the QVW that allows the user to reload it. Reload is one of the actions under the list of external actions associated with a button. Further you could hide the button if the user who opened the document is not on the 'Authorized Reload List'. Would this be an acceptable way to solve the problem?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is possible to reload at your will by batch files and so on ... but what happens if 2 or more users reload simultaneausly the document? This is not a safe use of qlik document...

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think I remember this is not possible if the app is accessed from the Access Point. Or?

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

I have never tried it, but i have seen the option there...

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

And just to add two things. We do not have a Publisher licensed and do use the Section Access to secure data by different sites/users.