Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Max Values in Current Selections working in client not in accesspoint

Hi,

In the User Prefrences / General tab, there is an option "Max Values in Current Selections" which can be set to a desired number to show values in current selection box .

But this setting is working on client(developer) not in accesspoint(taking default as 6).

Please let me know if anybody is having idea how to get change in accesspoint.

Many Thanks..

Arunesh

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arunesh,

I had the same problem and I got the follwing answer from QlikView Support.

On the QlikView Server you have to set a value in the registry at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>QlikTech>QlikViewServer>Settings7

with the name MaxCurSelEntries to the default value you want to have e.g. 20.

This key will change the default value for all documents on that server.

Regards,

Florian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Florian,

Thanks lot for your reply.

I have checked inside the below path and could not find MaxCurSelEntries column and also I am getting default 6 values selected

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->QlikviewServer->Setting7

Could you please let me know why i am not getting the same or need to search somewhere else.

I got MaxCurSelEntries inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->HKEY_USERS->Software->qliktech->Qlikview->Setting7 but this for qlikveiw client and also after changing this value its not reflecting in my client itself.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Arunesh,

They is not set by default so you need to create it and set it to the value you want. Also you need to restart the server to read the newly set key.

Regards,

Florian

saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

"I have checked inside the below path and could not find MaxCurSelEntries column and also I am getting default 6 values selected

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->QlikviewServer->Setting7"

The entry you're looking for isn't there because there haven't been set any setting yet.

To create a new string value, browse to the folder mentioned above and go to Edit->New and choose string value. Enter MaxCurSelEntries as name and then enter the desired value.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your fast response

I have created new MaxCurSelEntries inside the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software-.Qliktech->QlikviewServer->Setting7" and assined value 20 value but also restarted qvs but still i am able to see only max 6 values in current selection box.

Please refer the screenshot.

Could you please suggest why its not working for me.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

What about setting the MaxCurSelEntries with the help of a macro, that fires when starting the Application:

set up = ActiveDocument.GetApplication.GetUserPreferences
up.MaxCurSelEntries = 20
ActiveDocument.GetApplication.SetUserPreferences up