Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AccessPoint using Proxy have cannot load completely

I am suppose to do performance testing on Qlikview using JMeter. I installed apache-jmeter-2.4 on a different machine which is on the same network as Qlikview server. I changed the proxy setting of the browser to localhost (127.0.0.1) and port to 9090. This same port is mentioned in the Jmeter proxy setting. Now when I start the Jmeter proxy server and try to access the accesspoint of Qlikview server which cannot open ideally. If I stop the Jmeter proxy server and disable the proxy in browser I am able to open the accesspoint of Qlikview server.

Could anyone advise the setting on IE or somewhere to fix the issue?

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

If I understand correctly, it seems to be you are doing a jmeter recording in which case it should be enough to set port of the HTTP Proxy Server to 9090 and then start it. That will not work properly if you are running fiddler or other monitoring tools that also act as proxies, so make sure that jmeter alone is the proxy.

However, if it is the case that you are doing the recording from scratch, I would strongly advice you to look at the Scalability Tools that will assist in creating load tests for you. Here is the link:

Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Cheers

Sebastian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

If I understand correctly, it seems to be you are doing a jmeter recording in which case it should be enough to set port of the HTTP Proxy Server to 9090 and then start it. That will not work properly if you are running fiddler or other monitoring tools that also act as proxies, so make sure that jmeter alone is the proxy.

However, if it is the case that you are doing the recording from scratch, I would strongly advice you to look at the Scalability Tools that will assist in creating load tests for you. Here is the link:

Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Cheers

Sebastian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I only running jmeter and QV server in the same machine. I find that when I use 127.0.0.1 or localhost, Jmeter cannot record the action . I have read some thread and some of them mentioned using hostname for access AccessPoint.

When I use hostname, e.g http://hostname/qlikview, Jmeter can record action but the AccessPoint is not stable. It have error when open reports and there are error in AccessPoint dashboard icons.

I also read the link you provided but I want to test the performance on specific report instead of hardware brenchmark. So, is there a easy way to test on performance on report?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Nick

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi again,

That link should take you to the scalability tools that you can use to test the document you specify, and create your own scenario on how the virtual users should perform selections. There is also a hardware benchmarking package but that is something separate and as you said not what you are after.

This is of course valid if you want to test qlikview versions 10 or 11. If it is Qlikview 9, then you need to do a jmeter recording and modify it afterwards. The tutorial for QV9 scripting is here:  Tutorial on load tesing Qlikview 9 with JMeter

Cheers

Sebastian

Not applicable
Author

I just tested Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Seems it can help my work. Thanks a lot. I will keep investigate on it.