Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a Grouping Table

I have a table of many records, of stock movments, I whanted to create a Table Object witch grups records by Reference, but avereges or sums some numeric columns, how can I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's a strange quirk of QlikView that to get a table with calculations in you need to create a chart, and then tell that chart to be of type Straight Table (or Pivot table).

When you create a chart you will see a number of different chart options (Bar, Line, Pie) on the General tab.  The bottom right one is Straight Table.

If you create a Table Box then no calculations can be done and only distinct values from the data model will be shown.

Hope that helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just use a straight table chart with dimension Reference and appropriate expressions, like

=avg(FIELD)

or

=sum(FIELD)

Not applicable
Author

But I don't whant a Chart, I whanted a Table Object with Records..

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to group your records and calculate aggregates, you do want a chart.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's a strange quirk of QlikView that to get a table with calculations in you need to create a chart, and then tell that chart to be of type Straight Table (or Pivot table).

When you create a chart you will see a number of different chart options (Bar, Line, Pie) on the General tab.  The bottom right one is Straight Table.

If you create a Table Box then no calculations can be done and only distinct values from the data model will be shown.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Is there a way to group column headers like this in PIVOT TABLE?

Defect DetailsTest Execution
TesterDefect CountAssigned ToPassedFailed

thanks,

Prakash

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In short, no,  unfortunately not. You will need to have columns headed Defect Tester and Test Assigned To etc.

Steve