Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

X Axis formatting for Time

Hi All,

Im using QlikVIew to analyse data logs, so changing their format isnt possible which i think is leading to my issue.

on the X axis I have Time and on the Y some average function (Doesnt matter yet).

What Im after on the X axis is show time thats all, when I click the continuous option QlikView seems to convert the time to a fraction of a day which isnt really very good, ideally it would show every hour but when i zoom in shows minutes or something along them lines.

I have attached the file so you can have a play and see where im coming from.

thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vopal1gr2sj6cc7/stss%208.qvw

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

try formatting in tab number the continous x-axis as time with format hh:mm:ss

then in axis tab, set label vertical

hope it helps

1.png

Not applicable

If you want to get the format 'hh:mm'. Go to Edit script and change time format to 'hh:mm'. Attached is the place where you can change it from 'hh:mm:ss' to 'hh:mm'. Hope this helps.

Suraj

2014-04-15_15-58-53.png

Not applicable

I am creating a stacked combo chart with a continuous X axis, but I am having trouble with the data representation.  When I see the full char the dates are correctly formatted:

I am used the following in the load script:

LOAD
CallCenterCount,
DATE(CallCenterDate,'MM/DD/YYYY') AS [CallCenterDate],
CallCenterMonthNum,
CallCenterType,
CallCenterYear;

However, when I zoom in on one date in the chart, the information changes to being formatted a number:

I have tried several things, but I have been unsuccessful in trying to keep the date formatted as MM/DD/YYYY.  Any help would be great!