Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Exclude field when exporting to excel

Hi,

Is it possible to hide a field when exporting a table or chart when clicking on the Excel icon?

Or can I do this via a Macro, so I'll disabe the "Export to Excel" within the Document.

Thanks

12 Replies
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anyone?

Colin-Albert

You could set the column with a conditional show expression based on a variable.

For export, use a text object or button with actions that first  sets the variable to a value that hides the column, and then exports the table.

You will need to give the users another button to reset the variable so that the column can be made visible.

Using actions means you can do this without macros.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Colin,

Do you have the vb code that I would need to do this so that it export the Chart table that is only required

Thanks

Colin-Albert

You do not need any VB code.

Actions are standard functionality in QlikView, you can add actions to text objects, buttons, gauges and lines.

Add the text object or button, and then set the actions against it.

You will need two actions:

1. External - Set Variable

2. External - Export

You will need to add a variable either in the load script or by using Settings - Variable Overview

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Colin,

So How do I Say Export a specific Table on that sheet?

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have the attached Document for example, but the export macro does not seem to work? I want it to export the objectID "CH01"

Colin-Albert

Actually it looks like you will need the action button to set the variable that shows or hides the column, and then use the XL icon on the cart caption to do the export.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Colin, I Have disabled the Export to Excel on the Document as I don't want the users to export charts etc. THe only one I want them to export is this table "CH01" but when they Export I want it to not include the "Profit" field? Thats why I want to know if there is Export to Excel VB script.

Colin-Albert

Via the QlikView options, enabling and disabling export to excel is an all or nothing option.

If you allow export then they can export any object.

If you disable export then users cannot export objects - you can set the security option to allow printing when export is disabled.

You cannot configure the export option object by object.