Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need a calculation with set analysis that doesn't take into account some (selected) fields

I have a complex task and a trouble with it. Simplifying the data let's assume I have a table of companies of several types. Each company has a personal manager. I also have a table of powers of attorney given by the companies to some representatives. There are several types of POAs. Not all the companies have given a POA. I need to construct a calculation that counts for earch manager a number of total companies (TC) and a number of those, that have given a POA (GP). When I click and choose a type of POA the GP values should change, but the TC values should remain. But when I click and choose the type of company both values should change respectively. So I need the calculation that ignores some fields selection, but takes into account the others. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I'm a bit confused but, just to start

Qlik takes into account every field (if they are associated in the data model) when you click;

to ignore some selections you can use set analysis

example:

you have this expression for TC

Count(DISTINCT CID)

if you want to ignore PTYPE (type of POA as I understand from your question) the expression is

Count({$ <PTYPE=>} DISTINCT CID)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I'm a bit confused but, just to start

Qlik takes into account every field (if they are associated in the data model) when you click;

to ignore some selections you can use set analysis

example:

you have this expression for TC

Count(DISTINCT CID)

if you want to ignore PTYPE (type of POA as I understand from your question) the expression is

Count({$ <PTYPE=>} DISTINCT CID)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I seem to miss it when was reading about SA...