Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

External task which runs via 32bit QV.exe hangs

We have 64 bit of QlikView server installed, however some of our apps uses 32 bit odbc connection and hence requires to run task as external via command like.

Task runs on its time. Document log shows it completed successfully, however QMC status continuously shows task as running.

When I go to WIndows task manager and kill qv.exe then the task shows triangle warning icon, however under task status it shows as task successfully complete.

We are running QV SR1.

What can be done to fix this issue, the issue this creates is that reload engine shows that it is in use and job that falls after that fails due to reload engine not being available.

5 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Why don't you just use ODBC CONNECT32  statement ?

Not applicable
Author

My plan is to eventually try that. Since I am new at my work, I don't want to change anything that is being schedule without fully understanding all the consequences.

In Detail this is what happens.

• Task runs with trigger and following parameters:

• "C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "Q:\qvapps\application.qvw" or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "Q:\qvapps\sampleapp.qvw"

• It starts on its schedule time or I can manually run it.
  • What happens next is it keeps running and does not complete. Until i kill . qv.exe or qv32.exe from task bar.
  • Once that happens the icon on task change to yellow triangle and task log shows as successful.

This is causing major issues at our end because, you cannot run schedule jobs as it hangs and takes away reload engines from other task.

We are running 11.0 SR1.

Anyone facing similar issues, Any solution.

Not applicable
Author

Any updates and insight. Did anyone face similar issues.

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator

Dear Friend,

Same things happen me also but not every day weekly two times or three times it happeining . in my case every my schedules are running based on windows schedule some times this task hanging particular Qvw file. afterwards once i was killed my qv.exe session. it was completed succesfully.  i cant understand y this problem happening. even that time of system memory and CPU utilization also under limit. Please any one suggest any idea....

Not applicable
Author

connect32 is what i change all my script to. Its a bug in qlikview that hangs job, nothing you can do unless you can upgrade to latest version.