Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Display only item_nrs which were delivered today

Hi,

I am working on a new report to display, for all item_nrs WHICH WERE DELIVERED TODAY, the available quantity.

<=> Item_nrs of which nothing was delivered today should not be displayed.

I have linked the item_master and the transaction_table (where new deliveries are saved) via the item_number.

=> I can display the delivery_date (only the date, no time) in the chart (straight_table)

=> I have tried to put the dimension "item_nr" into an IF construct, like

>> IF([date] = Today(), [item_nr]) <<<

=> That seems to have worked somehow because I only see today's date in the chart, no other date

<=> I do see a lot of records with a dash in the date_field which is strange because those records should not be there.

Can anybody give me a hint as to what I have been doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Ahaa - I have deactivated all other formulas, now it works - strange, the formulas should have no influence on how many records there are in the chart?

P.S.: Now I reactivated one of the other formulas and it was back to not_right ... then I implemented the same IF_construct in that formula as in the dimension and it was all right again. I guess something must be wrong with the key_fields. The key_field in the item_master is not unique, that may be the core reason.

6 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Try:

aggr(IF([date] = Today(), [item_nr]), [item_nr])

And toggle 'suppers when value is null' to omit the nulls.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Then there is problem in your other expression.

Try to use AGGR() for other expression.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

well, right now the report is working - but only with that IF_construct in all the formulas. I guess that is because some of the formulas involve data from other tables and the link via Item_Nr between all of those tables is not perfect.

I will analyze the issue further now.

Thanks for your help so far!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi whiteline,

that doesn't seem to work - well, it does something, I'm not sure what - when I try putting the IF_construct I have currently inside an aggr() function, the table displays only four different item_numbers. When I try without aggr(), it's a lot more.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

The row in the table represents  [item_nr] or something else ?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi whiteline,

I'm not quite sure I understand you correctly - [item_nr] is my dimension, so one row in the table is supposed to represent one item_nr, yes - one of the item_numbers of which anything was delivered (today), that is.

Best regards,

DataNibbler