Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to use variable values in Dimension

Dear all,

I have created  4 variable in my qlikview viz

vFromDate1= 1/1/2013, vToDate1= 25/1/2013

vFromDate2=1/1/2014, vToDate2= 30/1/2014,

User can change the values on the dashboard, to analyse by 2 different date range.

I want to use graph showing Week and Month as Dimension and

=num(Sum({$<[GL Posting Date]={'>=$(vFromDate1) <=$(vToDate1)'}>} [Debit Amount]), '#,##0')        and

=num(Sum({$<[GL Posting Date]={'>=$(vFromDate2) <=$(vToDate2)'}>} [Debit Amount]), '#,##0')

as  Expression.

Expressions are working perfect, But I want to put condition over Dimension that, only show the weeks or months ranging in variable, or set in variable.

I am clicking 'Enable Conditional'  at  Dimention tab and typing this statement, which is not working Please help

Week(Week='>=$(vFromDate1) <=$(vToDate1) and '>=$(vFromDate2) <=$(vToDate2))

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Enable Conditional option is to show or hide the dimension completely. If that's what you're trying to do can you explain the conditions? When should the week dimension be shown and when not? Same for the month dimension.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vivian

use calculatred dimension as

if ( (Week='>=$(vFromDate1) <=$(vToDate1) and '>=$(vFromDate2) <=$(vToDate2)), Week)

chris

Not applicable
Author

Hi, gwassenaar,

Please give me your Email add, I think If you see the dashboard, it will be more understandable

Not applicable
Author

HI christianj,

Thanks for the reply

Its not working, Please give me your Email, better you see the dashboard

thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a small sample document instead like explained in this document: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

When I count Debit Amount for First period i use this,

=num(Sum({$<[GL Posting Date]={'>=$(vFromDate1) <=$(vToDate1)'}>} [Debit Amount]), '#,##0')

Not applicable
Author

Did you find the solution?

I have the same issue.

Thanks!