Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linear trendline not affect by secondary dimension?

Is it possible to add trendlines which are not affected by a secondary dimension?

As you can see the chart below shows 4 trendlines. I just want one for the total though!

trendlines.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found the answer to this elsewhere

You can try to create an expression, unchecking 'Bar' and checking 'Values on data', in this expression is where you have to check the linear trendline.

The expression should be something like:

Sum(TOTAL <Week> Revenue/1000)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Probably easiest to create a new chart with only the month dimension and add the trendline in that chart and put it on top of the original chart. Make a copy of the first, remove the secondary dimension and add the trendline. Next set the remaining expression to invisible and the background of the chart to 100% transparant. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately i need the trendline to appear when my users click on the 'Copy Image to Clipboard' icon. SO i don't think that method would work, woudl it?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, it wouldn't. The only alternative I can think of that might work is a combichart with only one dimension and an expression for each value of what's now your second dimension and an expression for the trendline using the linest_m and linest_b functions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I found the answer to this elsewhere

You can try to create an expression, unchecking 'Bar' and checking 'Values on data', in this expression is where you have to check the linear trendline.

The expression should be something like:

Sum(TOTAL <Week> Revenue/1000)