Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aging Invoices

I am trying to age an open invoice file using incremnts of 30, 60, 90, and 120+. What's the best way to go about creating the buckets for this? I've attached my QV doc as well as the source docs that the data comes from. The Age chart I have is in the Main tab. Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Updated. There was a bug in my previous attachment. Please use this one.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

Do you mind rephrasing/elaborating a little more on the requirement. Maybe some examples of whats the result you are looking for would be helpful as well in solving this.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

So I have a bunch of records with various invoice dates and I'm trying to seperate those dates by how long they've been outstanding. So i need to count the number records that fall between 0-30 days outstanding, 30-60 days, etc from a cutoff date.  Let me know if you need more information.

Not applicable
Author

How do you determine the outstanding bracket. Lets say

Invoice # 1234 has invoice date 3/23/2013. How do you determine which bracket it falls into?

Not applicable
Author

How many days have expired from the cutoff date. Say the cutoff date is 3/31/2013, your invoice would fall under the <30 days bracket becuase only 8 days would have passed.

Not applicable
Author

So the cutoff date is something the user enters?

Not applicable
Author

Yes

Not applicable
Author

If above is the case then the attached will help you. I created an input box where you can enter the cutoff date and the bar chart below that will change accordingly.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Updated. There was a bug in my previous attachment. Please use this one.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.