Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Audit trail on Export to Excel

Hi,

I know this has probably been discussed before but we're just about to upgrade from QV10 to QV11 and one of things that QV11 removes (annoyingly) are object level triggers so our macro which exports to excel no longer will work. It's required because it creates a few lines at the top of the sheet showing which object was exported, the selections that were in use at the time of export, the export time/date & user name.

Has someone come up with a solution to get around this, I've seen various things around some of the audit data we require in some threads but nothing that seems to show a complete picture?

Thanks

2 Replies
martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I get round this problem by creating a calculated dimension, which contains text and values to describe the report.

I drag this to the top of my pivot table measures, so that it appears at the top of my excel report.

Regards.

jimshakes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

thanks for this, it isn't something I've considered before. I think there are a few issues for us with this solution:

Firstly not all of our objects are pivot tables so this won't work for all objects & secondly this will make the audit data in the same row as the column headers - this isn't suitable for our end users as they will then need to insert cells above the column headers.

But having said that it is a possibly solution for some apps. I'll indeed look into it. I am hoping someone has another way of accomplishing this though

Thanks