Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Mapping and Table questions

Maps.

1.Is there a limit on data rows as a file of 1910 polygons results in a message that limited rows are shown?

2. Is there a way to zoom in on the  map or do I need to edit the KML file to achieve this?

Tables

1. Is there a way  to set column width?

2. how can I change column order in the table?

Thanks in advance

Rodney.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Rodney -

Maps.

1.Is there a limit on data rows as a file of 1910 polygons results in a message that limited rows are shown?

Currently yes, as this component is currently beta. There are many improvements planned for both point-based and polygon-based maps. I can check with product management if you are interested to inquire about planned improvements and availability if you would like.

2. Is there a way to zoom in on the  map or do I need to edit the KML file to achieve this?

See attached video in this post - depends on what you mean by zoom - in edit / design mode - no, but in view mode yes - I use the wheel on the mouse to zoom in and left click to pan. You also click the map to activate the lasso. Let me know if this is what you mean.

Tables

See attached - video - the table widths are responsive to the form factor of the screen. So all columns will size automatically.

See attached - video - You can do this using the property panel on the right, by dragging the column above one another.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Rodney -

Maps.

Currently yes, as this component is currently beta. There are many improvements planned for both point-based and polygon-based maps. I can check with product management if you are interested to inquire about planned improvements and availability if you would like.

See attached video in this post - depends on what you mean by zoom - in edit / design mode - no, but in view mode yes - I use the wheel on the mouse to zoom in and left click to pan. You also click the map to activate the lasso. Let me know if this is what you mean.

Tables

See attached - video - the table widths are responsive to the form factor of the screen. So all columns will size automatically.

See attached - video - You can do this using the property panel on the right, by dragging the column above one another.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Michael,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

The solution posted works for the Map zoom etc.

In regards to column moving in a table, I cannot get the columns to move with the mouse as you show in the table. I have tried on the samples as well.

About shows version 0.96.0 +  Build 23.

I have a touch screen laptop running with a USB mouse.

I also have Qlikview 11 Personal Edition on the same machine.

Regards

Rodney

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Rodney - I have seen this. I am willing to bet my paych-....uhmm I mean a beer 😉 - that YOU CANNOT right-click either on an object and get the right click menu to display?? Let me know.

In fact I just went over to my other machine in my home office which is an HP touchsmart - and:

• I was not able to move the columns in any particular order - as you stated
  • I was not able to right-click and get the pop-up menu.

In the mean-time I will inform product management about this and I will attempt to check somethings on my HP touchsmart, for example - I will boot up in safe-mode - I have a feeling it might be something to do with the touch software that is installed.....hmmmm.

Let me know,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Mike,

You are correct, no right click menus for me . I thought they must have being dropped to make it easier for cross platform porting.

Apart from that more than happy with what I am seeing.

Let me know how it goes with finding a cure for this?

Thanks for looking into it.

Cheers

Rodney

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Rodney - I believe I found it and know what it is, or at least where it stems from.

First - if you start Qlik Sense and then open a web browser such as FireFox - point it to http://localhost:4848/hub  - you should get the desktop hub interface displayed in your browser. You should be able to perform the right-click functionality and the movement of columns with issue.

The problem is with the embedded browser used by Qlik Sense Desktop, known as Chormium - I will let the product guys know - it seems to only be a problem on touch-type PC's??

I'll update you once I learn more.

If you do not hear from me - send me a direct message using this forum.

Take care.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Yes laptop is HP Envy Touch Smart, not so smart

Not applicable
Author

Mike,

Tested with Internet Explorer and it works . Opening the link in Chrome doesn't

At least I can keep going forward.

Thanks

Rodney

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@michael,

Zooming using the scroll wheel works, but what about dynamically zooming the map so it only covers the currently selected regions/countries?

For example, when a user selects a set countries, the map would automatically zoom in to show those countries (using some bounding rectangle logic or similar).

Possible in current version?

If not, please consider it a feature suggestion..

thanks,

Göran

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!