Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Installation problem (always rolls back)

Every time I try to install Qlik Sense the script appears to get right to the end and then rolls back. My IT guys get the same error even with full admin rights. I've attached the logs to this post, can someone please assist in identifying the problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

i solved the Problem by temporary Change one registry entry.

1. Open regedit

2. Seach for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3. Change the path in "Personal" entry to a local path, but remember the old path!

4. Now you can install qlikview without an error.

5. Change the path in "Personal" to your old.

Hope its work to you..

View solution in original post

46 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure you have .NET 4.5 installed onto your computer (Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (Offline Installer) for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Wi...)

Miguel

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Miguel. I have .NET 4.5 installed already, but I tried a repair using the link you provided and I still get the same error trying to install Qlik Sense.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Sorry, I forgot to mention that Windows OS needs to be Windows 7 or higher and x64 bits and not Windows Server version. Is that correct?

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes I'm using Windows 7 x64. (not server)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then make sure User Access Control is disabled: Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Access Control settings > drag the slider to "Never Notify".

Try again and let us know

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I already have it set to never notify; seeing that pop up appear every five minutes makes me want to scream.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The I'd recommend to fully uninstall the product, remove all "Qlik" files in your user folder as well as in the C:\ProgramData\ folder, then reboot and start installation again.

Miguel

Not applicable

Hi Kourosh,

I had the same problem on Windows 8. My profile has administrative rights on the machine in question but the installation kept rolling back at the end in a similar way to your issue. I was able to succesfully install the software however by right clicking on the install file and selecting "run as administrator"

Kind Regards,

Footsie.

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi footsie, yeah I suspect theres some rights issue at play here. I've tried the run as administrator option and my IT support guy tried running it as himself (also admin) and I still get the same error.