cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem rendering images inside container

Hi,

I'm having an issue with images inside container object. A have a container configured as a "Single Object" and I have added an image on each  tab (Text Object). It really looks good on my desktop version of Qlik, but when I publish my application the images sometimes are displayed other times they're not. Does this happened to someone? and does anybody knows how to solve it?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

I've also had this happen, and I think I remember seeing somewhere that it was a known bug.

A workaround was creating something that looked like a container, but consisted of text objects with actions attached, which control variables, then the images would have show conditions based on the variable.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jer_2011
Creator II
Creator II

Hello

what I do is copy the images to the server in a special folder for imagnes, and add that path to your text contenedrores

I hope you serve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gerardo,

Could you please give me an example of the right way to add a the path of an image in a Text Object. So far what I was doing was add the image through Properties ->  General -> Background -> Image and then select the path. But according to you I can do it adding the path  directly in Properties -> General -> Text.

Regards,

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is a significant difference between a background or a foreground (Text) image.

Background images are copied into the qvw and stored within the qvw.

Foreground images are a reference to an external file. Those "external" files may be included in the qvw by uisng the BUNDLE INFO LOAD prefix in the script.

It sounds like the external files, as foreground property, may serve up better on the server. The downside to the foreground method is that you have to copy the images to the server.

You may want to run this one by support to see if there are fixes available for serving background images.

-Rob

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

I've also had this happen, and I think I remember seeing somewhere that it was a known bug.

A workaround was creating something that looked like a container, but consisted of text objects with actions attached, which control variables, then the images would have show conditions based on the variable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you for clarifying the concepts.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Charlotte,

I've followed your suggestion, I removed the container and used additional text objects as tabs. Each "tab" has configured an action that set/unset a variable. And then I display or hide the images based on the value of this variable. And now the images are being displayed correctly.

Thank you.

Regards