Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Traffic Light Gauge not displaying correct colours

Hi everyone.

When my negative values becomes too low, it seems the gauge does not still show the color red but instead grey. If you look at my screen shots they do work in many instances but it is not consistent. I also played around with the min and max tollerances but nothings helps to resolve. You will see that my variable is basically the variance percentage which is also indicated in the screen shot and using the same logic in a visual cue, it seems to shade correctly.

Would appreciate your help.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi QlikAsh13,

it is simple to just put -100 into it which would be ok till -10.000% but if you want it to start at your min which is important when you use linear gauge instead of traffic light you can use the aggr() combined with min() to get your min value for the setting. Example:
=min(aggr( ExpressionXY, Department))

Since you are using a circular group as dimension you could make department dynamically like this:

=min(aggr( ExpressionXY, $(=GetCurrentField(GroupXY))))

You can test these expressions within a textbox to check if the result is your expected figure.

Hope this helps
Tobias

View solution in original post

13 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

remove <0 and check your variable,

lower bound should be a number, example

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,
the gauge setting applies always to the whole column. It is not read differently for each line.

This applies to color and boundries.

Hope this helps.

Tobias

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tobias.

Yes, I'm aware but I'm actually wanting it to be consistent as you say.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

I tried this originally but to no avail.

I'm trying to upload my qvw but alas I once again have the issue of not being able to do so since I cannot see the advanced editor option on my side. It works intermittently..

Not sure how else I can explain/show my issue at the moment without being able to upload.

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi QlikAsh13,

the expression "vVar%<0" is a boolean (true/false). The boolean values are "0" when false and "-1" when true. In your case it seems to be false and therefore "-1".
The %Values lower 100% are lower "-1" and the %Values between 0% and -100% are higher "-1" and lower "0". Since your lower bound starts with "-1" there is no color for values lower -100%, and therefore they are grey.

Hope this helps
Tobias

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tobias.

Thank you so much for your explanation. Well this was part of the issue. I could be wrong but the impression that I'm getting is that one must 'know' the possible min and max values  in order for this to work. For example my data so far goes as low as -600%. Therefore by having set my lower bound initially as 0, I assumed that QV would then know that any value less than 0 must be red as is the case with visual cues. However, it did not seem so which was when I then tried the variable route which as you pointed out has the anomaly of the boolean check. Therefore I tried manually inserting values. Only when I said the lower bound must be -6 and min gauge value also -6 did it work. As I say I could be wrong but this is sort of hard coding values and what happens if I later have a -850%.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

as colorblind person traffic light gauges can be hard to read, make sure to consider us

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi QlikAsh13,

it is simple to just put -100 into it which would be ok till -10.000% but if you want it to start at your min which is important when you use linear gauge instead of traffic light you can use the aggr() combined with min() to get your min value for the setting. Example:
=min(aggr( ExpressionXY, Department))

Since you are using a circular group as dimension you could make department dynamically like this:

=min(aggr( ExpressionXY, $(=GetCurrentField(GroupXY))))

You can test these expressions within a textbox to check if the result is your expected figure.

Hope this helps
Tobias

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Did you try the aggr()? Would be interesting to hear if it worked?