Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

need to week day variance, Please help

Hello Everyone,

Can you please help in to below scenario:

I have two values for two years :

For example for 2014 i have 60, for 2013 i have 80, if i want to calculate the % change between two years dynamically i can use year and previous year function in set analysis, i used it it is working fine.

same way for Quarter month

But when it comes for the dates, I have no dates only days in my list box:

For Example: Jan 1st 2014 is Wednesday, this is Week1, but 2013 Jan 1 is Tuesday, 2013 Jan 2nd is Wednesday.

I need % change between two Wednesdays, means Jan 1st 2014 and Jan 2nd 2013. Not on the days.

Please help me to get variance by using two days.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

The pdf and xls is from a very similar posting - Re: Re: Vorjahresvergleich - from a private group but I think you could understand the essentials - in short: date - 364 = same weekday from prevoius year.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Can you please send me in the english

marcus_sommer

This posting is originally in german - for translation you could use google. But I think you didn't it really - have a look in xls and you will understand the logic.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Marcus,

My client not happy with this approach can you please let me know if any other way to achieve this.

Thanks

marcus_sommer

Something like this didn't worked?

sum({< NumDate = {"=$(=today())"}> Value)  // amount from today

sum({< NumDate = {"=$(=today() - 364)"}> Value) // amount from same weekday from last year

- Marcus