cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in Loop and Linking Tables

Hi,

circular loop.jpg

Please take a look at the picture above.

I utilized the mater calendar function to have "Month" and "Service_Date" on the same chart. (This was the only way since I could not concatenate or change their field names.)

Now.jpg

By doing that, I hit on a problem which is circular loop as shown in the picture, because of the "Month". To deal with the problem, I made a separate sheet, "sheet 2," and copied and phase all the values with giving different field name as "Cal_Month", then the problem was solved (shown as above).

Result.jpg

Now, I want to FILTER the result by its "REPORT_PRJNAME" in "sheet1$."  The blue bars that are based on "Service_Date" give me right numbers. But red bars that are based on "Cal_Month" give me ridiculous numbers.

In my opinion, this is caused by some linking issues. If I link the "REPORT_PRJNAME" with "Cal_Month", that will cause another circular loop issue.

What can I do with this?

*I can't make any change to the existings other than Calendar and Sheet 2.*

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You also have SYN links, you should always try and fix them as they can give you strange results.

Why could you not concatenate the tables or change the field names?

Not applicable
Author

I have tons of information in one Qlikview file. There are more than 100 charts and filters. If I change or concatenate any of the filter names. The result will be messed up.

Thank you for the advise, Dave. I will try that.