Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mix columns issue

Hi All,

I have one table which contains Stage2,App Name, Phase, Dev Plan Finish, Dev Actual Finish, Test Plan Finish,

Test Actual Finish,Production Plan Finish, Production Actual Finish columns.

Now i have to display this data in Straight or pivot table, here i need to mix Dev Plan Finish, Dev Actual Finish, Test Plan Finish,

Test Actual Finish,Production Plan Finish, Production Actual Finish columns into 2 columns Planned and Actual. All planned values should come

in Planned field and Actual values should come in Actual values.

For example If phase = production then i need to pick Production Planned and Actual dates but don't pick Dev Plan And Actual Finish dates

as well as  If phase = Dev then i need to pick Deb Planned and Actual dates but don't pick Production Plan And Actual Finish dates

and if Stage = Production but there are no dates in production then it should take Dev dates in Planned and Actual

If both DEV and PRODUCTION don't have dates then it should not consider that record.

i attached sample data file and qvw and REQ screenshot also, could you please anybody respond on this.

Thanks,

Chiru

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Attached the modified file, plz check it out.

1st eliminated the rows from the source using the where condition where the Dev & Prod Plan/Actuals are null.

2nd the conditions whichever you specified., like if Phase is DEV then DEV PLAN/ACTUALs should display, if Phase is PROD then PROD PLAN/ACTUALs should display, if Phase is PROD and PROD PLAN/ACTUALs is NULL then display DEV PLAN/ACTUALs

Thanks,

Sri

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys any ideas?????????????

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chiranjeevi,

Please check this out.

Thanks,

Sri

Not applicable
Author

Hi Srikar,

Thanks for your reply.

some how your suggestion is working but for the 3rd record in excel Phase = PROD but there are no dates for PROD then it should pick DEV dates.

is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

Vamsi

Not applicable
Author

Attached the modified file, plz check it out.

1st eliminated the rows from the source using the where condition where the Dev & Prod Plan/Actuals are null.

2nd the conditions whichever you specified., like if Phase is DEV then DEV PLAN/ACTUALs should display, if Phase is PROD then PROD PLAN/ACTUALs should display, if Phase is PROD and PROD PLAN/ACTUALs is NULL then display DEV PLAN/ACTUALs

Thanks,

Sri

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chiranjeevi,

Did the solution work?

Thanks,

Sri

Not applicable
Author

Hi Srikar,

Sorry for late reply, that's working perfect. Thanks for your effort