Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobanwashburne
Creator
Creator

Selective joins with crosstables and combined keys and...

The attached QVW contains three tables that are representative of the data that I am working with along with a standard Master Calendar. The actual data is considerably larger and is being loaded via SQL select over ODBC from an AS400.

Table A is a list of Account Numbers and their descriptions. It only includes those accounts that I am interested in.

Table B contains multiple dimensions that I would like to use as selections. There is also data related to an Account Number that I am not interested in that should be ignored. Table B also includes two fields that when combined create a unique key for Table C.

Table C contains the actual data, but the format is such that the data corresponding to each month is in a separate column. Also the data related to August of 2014 (the current month) is known to be incorrect and should be ignored.

In production the resultant table will be stored into a QVD and used in other applications.

I want to display a Line Chart using Month and Year as the Dimensions so that Months are along the X-axis and two lines are displayed (one corresponding to each year). The expression is simply the sum of the data.

Eventually I would like to set up an incremental load (as I have done with other files) that will open the stored QVD, locate the latest month populated, and populate any new data up to, but not including, the current month. For example: If the update is run on 9/8/2014 and the QVD did not already contain August data, the data related to August should be added.

1 Reply
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

You need to uncross TabC.  You can learn how to do that form this post Loading Cross Tables

From there you just join up the data as described in your posting.  I also took the extra step of creating a MonthNo field so that the months can be sorted correctly.

-Josh

PS I moved this post to New to QlikView since is about QlikView not Qlik Sense