Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Keeping Previous Data

Hi

I'm using bubble chart animation to show the growth of population with years. The dimension which I use for animation is Year. Size of bubbles grow with the increase in population over the year. But due to lack of data of every city for each year, I'm facing a problem. For example, I have a City 'City A' and its population in Year '2001' as '10000' and in Year '2002' as '15000'. But now I don't have the population data of this city for the year '2003'. So, the bubble corresponding to 'City A' vanished from the chart for the Year '2003'. But I have the data for other cities and that data is shown properly. I just want that even if the data for the Year '2003' is not present, the bubble should remain on the chart with previous population's value instead of vanishing.

Please help me in achieving this.. Thanks in advance..

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Henric Cronstom's post may help you.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/02/05/populating-a-sparsely-populated-field

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
MarcoWedel

please post qvw and sample data