Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgoehler
Partner - Contributor III

EventLogSimple seems to not work with Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi,

I try to get the EventLogSimple from QvxSDK_2.1_x64.zip to work. I put the (Build-)Result of the Visual Stuido-Project (QvxSDK_2.1_x64\Examples\EventLogSimple\QvEventLogConnectorSimple\bin\Release) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\EventLogSimple. I see the Qv Event Log Connector Simple in Qlik Sense Desktop, but it says after selecting that it's only compatible with QlikView 11.

001.png

002.png

As far as I can see the Example Project EventLogSimple has everything, what is needed to be Qlik Sense Connector (https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/index.html#../Subsystems/QV_QVXSDK_API/Content/QlikViewN...). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best regards,

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I had the same error message, and it was happening because I had not named the installation directory of the connector with exactly the same name as the connector .exe.  In your post, you say that you have put it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\EventLogSimple

Try changing the name of the directory to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvEventLogConnectorSimple

This worked for me.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel - you can try this:

1 - you need to change the settings.ini file

• go to : C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\
  • edit settings.ini
  • change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0
  • Save
  • Restart Qlik Sense Desktop

Then in the LOAD script - you should be able to use the CUSTOM CONNECT statement with this connector - the same way you used it with QlikView.

Go to Data Load Editor - and load data

Let us know

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
dgoehler
Author

Hi Mike,

I changed that, restarted Qlik Sense Desktop and have the same problem.

001.png

002.png

003.png

What happens when you select this Custom Connector?

Best regards,

Daniel

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Yes - that is still the same error - as the configuration interface GUI for that connector is not compatible - however the CUSTOM CONNECT statement should work in the Data Load Editor - as it does in QlikView.

Do you have the CUSTOM CONNECT load statement?

You can get that by using QlikView and that connector.

I apologize, I assumed you may have been familiar with QlikView.

Let me know, and I will attempt to get you the CUSTOM CONNECT statement.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
dgoehler
Author

Hi Mike,

you are right. I'm not that familar with QlikView. The CUSTOM CONNECT works. Without the change in the settings, it don't.

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvEventLogConnectorSimple.exe;Server=localhost;XUserId=BdFNAfA;XPassword=bTXFSdB;";

//-------- Start Multiple Select Statements ------

SQL SELECT Category,

CategoryNumber,

EntryType,

Index,

MachineName,

Message,

Source,

TimeGenerated

FROM ApplicationsEventLog;

//-------- End Multiple Select Statements ------

Does anyone how I can fix the Qlik SDK Example QvEventLogConnectorSimple in order that it will work with Qlik Sense and I don't need the old QlikView to know what data structure are in that connector (and to generate the Load-Script)?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel - glad to hear it is working. In regards for the connector to work with Qlik Sense out-of-the-box, not at this time. That would need an actual product change to allow the Qlik Sense GUI to support the connector. I will make Product Management aware of the request. Maybe we can get a time frame.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
dgoehler
Author

Mike, thanks for your help!

I think it's a little bit odd that the SDK example for Qlik Sense, release from Qlik, don't work with Qlik Sense.

Acording to the Developer Documentation the Visual Studio Project has everything in order to work with Qlik Sense: https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/index.html#../Subsystems/QV_QVXSDK_API/Content/QlikViewN...

I can create a support case if that helps?

Not applicable

I had the same error message, and it was happening because I had not named the installation directory of the connector with exactly the same name as the connector .exe.  In your post, you say that you have put it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\EventLogSimple

Try changing the name of the directory to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvEventLogConnectorSimple

This worked for me.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel - I might have been confused with another older connector - have you verified what Damon had stated? Does the correct GUI dialog display in Sense now? If so can you attach a screen shot?

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
dgoehler
Author

Hi Mike,

yes, the solution from Damon worked:

001.png