Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkirsebom
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense Repository Error

Hi guys

I´ve been trying for quite som time now to get the QMC started but with no success. I get an error message like this:

"Fatal exception. Unable to start the request handling process".....

Attached is the log.

All services are up and running. I first though there was something interfering with the service, for example another web server, but I can´t find anything.

Grateful for ideas.

/M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks to support, I have found a solution.

The Repository service was unable to listen - on port 4444 - because another service (Good Sync Service) was already listening on that port.  Unfortunately, I didn't realise that 4444 was a port to look for as I had been looking for just 4242.

Running a command window with admin privilege and running:

NETSTAT -ab > c:\temp\netstatab.txt

Allows you to see a list of the ports that are in use and the name of the processes that are using them.

Regards,

Stephen

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

Send in the issue to support, so we can handle it, man to man 🙂

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Guys,

Was there a resolution to this?

Seeing a similar issue:

1320140929T230347.061+0100ERRORBABELSystem.Repository.Repository.QRSMain2468d1ea2ce8-bf19-4dda-b779-fe9a2a8ca33eBABEL\qvserviceFatal exceptionUnable to start the request handling process.   at Qlik.Sense.Common.Communication.Server.HTTPConnectionHandler.Start()↵↓   at Qlik.Sense.Common.Communication.REST.Server.RESTEngine.Activate()↵↓   at Repository.Core.Services.Service.Initialize()↵↓   at Repository.Core.Core.Setup_CentralNode()↵↓   at Repository.Core.Core.Setup()↵↓   at Repository.Core.Core.Inner(ManualResetEvent shutdownRequestedEvent)↵↓   at Repository.QRSMain.<Main>b__6(ICore core)↵↓   at Qlik.Sense.Common.Ioc.WorkScope.Work(Action`1 action)↵↓   at Repository.QRSMain.Main()d1ea2ce8-bf19-4dda-b779-fe9a2a8ca33e

Wouldn't be the "cleanest" of systems (various versions of QlikView have been installed in the past), but the account is a local administrator so shouldn't have a problem?

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable

I would suggest to open a Case with Support so we can have a closer look at it. There was no response from the Thread opener or Case.

pbr
Employee
Employee

I agree with Daniel on opening a Support case, but you can try this -

One thing you can try is going to the Services MMC -> Qlik Sense Repository Database -> Right click / Properties -> Log On tab - and try checking the Allow service to interact with the desktop - Apply / Ok and restart the services.2014-09-29_1525.png

Though, if you have a valid Sense Server license you can open a case with Qlik Support.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Pierce

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Make sure the repository is running under local system and not a service account.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks but unfortunately that hasn't made any difference.

I'm going to open a support request.

Stephen

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It is running as the Local System.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks to support, I have found a solution.

The Repository service was unable to listen - on port 4444 - because another service (Good Sync Service) was already listening on that port.  Unfortunately, I didn't realise that 4444 was a port to look for as I had been looking for just 4242.

Running a command window with admin privilege and running:

NETSTAT -ab > c:\temp\netstatab.txt

Allows you to see a list of the ports that are in use and the name of the processes that are using them.

Regards,

Stephen

pbr
Employee
Employee

Stephen,

Thank you very much for sharing with this with us.

Pierce