cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to validate the qvd ?

Hi,

I need to check some tables coming from the excel and i devevloped a code which checks the date validation and number field  validation but i am wondering how would i Incorporate at qvd level to check this validation .I need a multiple iff condition to check this.

Can any one help me pls.

Regards,

Sharma.

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

Please explain more about all this and what is the if condition let me know.

Regards,

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply,

This is my table

GS1:

LOAD rowno(),
     date([Work Order Interruption Start Date],'DD MMM YYYY') as OBJ_GSoS_StartDate,

Time([Work Order Interruption Start Time],'HH MM SS') as OBJ_GSoS_StartTime,

date([Work Order Interruption End Date],'DD MMM YYYY') as OBJ_GSoS_EndDate,

From
BI Industrialisation\Data Files\GSOP\GS1\GS1 - Supply Restoration - MI - 2014-15.xls]
(
biff, embedded labels, header is 20 lines, table is [TOT FAILURES GS1 YTD$])
WHERE [IN/ OUT/ QUERY Following Investigation]='OUT';

This is my table when i am loading the data in qlikview , I need to write a code that will check the above date field or isnum field are in write format.

if all of the fields are in right format

Store GS1 into correct.qvd

or

if any other fields are in wrong format it should

store GS1 into incorrect.qvd and this should send a message or alert the user that this needs correction.

Your help is indeed appreciated,

Regards,

Sharma.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

If you transform your table in load script then there is no chance for the error in the table and you get the QVD of that table. Sorry but not understood properly.

Regards,

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  Anand,

I need a write an if condition to check if that particular datefield is in right format or if particular field has number format . like these I need to validate whilst loading.

Regards,

Sharma.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It can become pretty easy if you are able to explain what exactly is the "right" format. Note that the QlikView script engine is a high performance ETL tool, but it isn't a particularly proficient parsing kit.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi peter,

Its like a regular date check and validate the num fields which are coming from excel .

For example: if any user by mistake enters the date format as 2'11/02/2014' and number field as 'ABC'

qlikview should correct whilst loading the script and generate a Two seperate qvds like Right ones  and wrong ones that need correction.

Hope i am explaining right.

Thanks for your time in helping me out.

Regards,

Sharma.