Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

You do not have access to a script data source error

I created an ODBC Connection to Access and I get this error 'You do not have access to a script data source'

I used 32 Bit ODBC Driver. I do not know how to get 64-Bit ODBC driver as this is all I have

Is there any way to make this working and create a connection in Qlikview?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

You need to ensure you have created System DSN and not User DSN. Sense works with 64 bit only.

Let me know if it worked.

Thanks,

Madhu

Not applicable
Author

I tried to create the same using system DSN and still get the same error

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

It might be that you need to specify the Username and Password to be able to access the data source. When you try to connect to the datasource from the ODBC Data Source Administrator, does that work?

Br,
Hanna

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Bill....

Hanna's suggestion - is a good one. I have seen this error occur simply because the user  credentials have been left blank when configuring the ODBC data source in Qlik Sense.

However, just in case:

Using ODBC does require the creation of the DSN using the ODBC administrator. However on some windows system, there are usually 2 ODBC Administrator tools. 1 for 32 bit and one for 64-bit. If you are not sure if you have the 64 bt MS Access driver - find the ODBC Admin tool - right-click on the program shortcut an take note of the path to where the .exe file is if you see wow64 - then that is the 32 bit ODBC admin. If you see that it is just in the System32 - then it is the 64 bit version.

Depending on which one you have - you need to configure the appropriate driver DSN in the appropriate tool.

Too make sure - you can download the Access Database Engine for 64bit and 32bit here: Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

This will ensure you have the appropriate drivers which you can then configure.

ODBC Administrator tool displays both the 32-bit and the 64-bit user DSNs in a 64-bit version of Win...

32 bit

64 bit

Let us know how you do.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
jcampbell
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Using the OLE DB option instead of ODBC worked for me.