Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where to perform calculations ?

Hi all,

I am trying to explore Qlikview's capability as a BI tool and trying to go beyond the data visualization that I've been exposed to so far.

I have two tables as shown below

Table A:

Store IDGuaranteeRate 1Rate 2Rate 3Sales 1Sales 2

Table B:

Store IDSales

I'm trying to calculate the commission for each stores based on it's sales. For example, if store 1 has sales below 100, it gets 5% of sales , if its between 100 to 200 , it gets 10% and if it exceeds 200 , it gets 15%. There's also a guarantee amount for each store. In case of store 2, If it exceeds 100, it gets 12% else 6%.  This is just an example and the source is from an Excel workbook.

My question is: How do I go about this? I have loaded both the tables but not sure how to get data out of both the tables and then calculate the commission.Should I create a new table or create variables or any other way? Can someone help me out here ?

Thanks,

Praveen

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any suggestion? I'm not looking for the code , just a way of knowing how to go about.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can  try

if(ID='1',if(Sales=100,'5%',if(Sales>100 and Sales<=200,'10%',if(Sales>200,'15%'))),

if(ID=2 and Sales(1)>100,'12%','6%'))

Sales.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

where column % is a  expression

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply. The example provided here is just a sample and there will be loads of other checks I need to do. My primary quesiton is where do I perform these calculations? I would ideally prefer to do it while loading the script not as an expression inside the charts. Second, How do I get bring data from two different tables and calculate the commission ? Where would I store this variable? Is it in a new table or a global variable? Since I'm new to Qlikview , I'm not sure of its scripting design.