Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document failed to reload in QMC but works in QlikView desktop.

Hi guys,

I have this one qvw scheduled to reload once everyday. This document has Section Access in it where it uses the user's NTName for authentication. Reloading via QlikView (on the same machine) works but when using QMC it failed with the following error:

The document might require username and password

I know that we can set the reload user name and password of the particular document in the Documents > User Documents > [said document] > Reload section and currently it was blank. I was wondering if this user name/password is the same as the user name/password in the System > Setup > Management Service > Directory Service Connectors > DSC@name > Active Directory?

Thank you for your kind attention guys.

Regards,

Khairul Anuar Azuddin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

If your document has section access, then your section access script must include the QDS service account as an ADMIN and if you have any data restrictions in section access, the service account must have full access to all data.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

For reload through QMC there should be 1 service account which has to be present in Section access file.

Colin-Albert

If your document has section access, then your section access script must include the QDS service account as an ADMIN and if you have any data restrictions in section access, the service account must have full access to all data.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mahendra and Colin,

Thank you for your answer.

Where can I find the QDS service account name from QMC? I have browsed through the QMC but couldn't find any clue. Sorry for the silly question guys.

Thank you again for your kind attention

maxgro
MVP
MVP

it's the windows QDS service account

Colin-Albert

The QDS service is the QlikView Distribution Service.

You can find the logon account if you look at the services on the server administrative tools and check the details for the QlikView Distribution Service. You may need to ask your IT team.

Not applicable
Author

Mahendra, Colin and Massimo.

Got everything working now! Thank you so much for your kind attention guys

Regards,

Khairul Anuar Azuddin

tanykozel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, could you please tell how to find the name in QMC server name or how it looks and how write in script?

Thanks in advance a lot!