Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

svg map for state of new york

Hi,

I am using the svg map reader extension object found here:

http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-svg-map.html

I need an svg file for the New York state counties. Does anyone have this file who is  willing to share?

3 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Dennis,

I can do you one better.  I can teach you how to create and modify your own SVGs (including New York State). 

1. Download and Install the free svg editor inkscape.
  2. Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\svgMap
  3. Open us_counties.svg in Inkscape
  4. Do a Save As and change the name (e.g. ny_counties.svg)
  5. Delete all the parts of the svg that are not New York
  6. Save

There is more detailed documentation attached to the post Re: SVG Maps Documentation

Also when looking for SVGs I have found the Wikipedia to be a rich source.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him...

Thanks for your advice. Little tedious, but I got the map out; however, I noticed that it's missing the 06390 zip code path. Also the "id" attribute has the county codes instead of the county names. Can inkscape magically replace the id attributes with inkscape:label attribute which has the county name?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Dennis,

I'm not an expert in Inkscape but I don't think so.  Luckily, I'm am an expert in Qlik!  You can load a table into QlikView that has the conversion and then have QlikView convert your data over so it links up to the SVG.  I recommend using the ApplyMap function (not be confused with geographic mapping).  I've put sample code below. I assumed that your data has the county names in it.

Also you can get a list of all the county names and FIPS codes at this link:

2010 FIPS Code Files for Counties - Geography - U.S. Census Bureau

-Josh

Qlik

FIPSCodesMap

Mapping Load

CountyName,

FIPSCode;

From ......

;

Load

County,