Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort

Looking for help on a way to clean up this bar graph.  I am sorting by 2014, then by 2013 for year.  And on a drill down function allowing for the graph to go by month.  I have used the following formula to sort the graph:

=

mixMatch(YEAR, '2014', '2013')
=
MixMatch(MONTH, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)
=
IF(YEAR=2013,MixMatch(MONTH, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12))

Using this formula the months show up fine, but the year has a space distortion that the user would like fixed.  Is there a way to fix this when using 4 expressions, two showing number of quotes, and two showing close ratio?  Here is my picture:

Table.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Its a bit of a hack but if you change it to a cyclical group and create a fake demension e.g = 'Year' it would work if the user is happy to select the cyclical icon to drill down

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
morgankejerhag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It looks like there is some expression being 0, but still using some space there. I don't really understand how you want your chart and why you are using mixmatch in this way. Can you upload the application (ok without the data) and an image of the chart you are trying to show?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Morgan,

The user would like the representation of quotes for 2014 next to quotes for 2013 with a close ratio representation.  They would then like to drill down by month, in the same order, with the months going Jan-Dec.

Attached is a picture with the QVW file as well.

Table.png

Not applicable
Author

Rename 2014 Quotes to Quotes and change the expression to this

sum({<[SEMCI INDICATOR]={'N'} >}[DATE PROMPT QUOTES])

disable 2013 Quotes as per below

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Sort misintpreted the problem, it's the drill down issue... let me have a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Carly,

Thank you that works for Year as it clears up the space.  But the user is also looking for the drill down.  When they go to the month view, they would like to see 2013 vs 2014 by month.  When you drill down with the changes you gave, it will only show one year in the month view.  Any suggestions to add it in, like some sort of dimensionality or another function?

Not applicable
Author

Its a bit of a hack but if you change it to a cyclical group and create a fake demension e.g = 'Year' it would work if the user is happy to select the cyclical icon to drill down

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Carly,

Thank you for the help.  That did get rid of the space.  Is there any reason for the space with my initial graph?  Also, do you think there is a different way to complete the task as well?

Not applicable
Author

Yes because it is trying to evaluate each expression per demension value

e.g

demension     expression              

2014                2014          

2014                2013     returns blank but leaves space

2013                2014     returns blank but leaves space

2013                2013   

p.s can you make this as answered if it has fixed it for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Carly.  I appreciate the help and the explanation.