Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to insert/update comments associated to a record in Qlikview?

Hi All,

I have a Qlikview application file containing records about products and suppliers, sales, etc.

How feasible are the below functionalities in QLikview itself without using external plugins?

Could you propose ways to implement the following in QLikview itself when user access the application online?

1. I would like to add a new manual field named "Comments"

2. The users will be able to use this field as a text field in order to be able to include their comments at product level, that is add or update comment associated to the product.

3. The comment will be visible only for the users having access to the product data and everyone with access to the data is able to modify it.

4. A history of who / when changed the comment should be kept in order to be able to track the changes.

5. All comments made during the day should be displayed showing the user that made the comment and the time.

6. when selecting a different reference date, all the comments made during the new ref day will be displayed in the same format (displaying the user & time of the comment)

4 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujeetsingh thanks for the post

It's a good way to implement the functionalities. Is there another way to implement without using external plugins? I mean in qlikview itself?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check this

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7373

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It looks interesting and i've tried to apply it but the update is not working.

My steps:

1. I load the original data from qvd file (then include a dummy additional column named "comments")
2. I try to select one line of data in the straight table and add a line of comment in the column name "comments"

3. I press button UPDATE but nothing happens.

As you may notice, there are duplicate lines of data in source QVD. So in the update statement, can i do the update using "where condition" while referring to only the selected line of date (example: where rowno = rowid)? My aim is to update only one selected line of data at a time

I attached my source files in the current post. Grateful if you could please help.

Thanks