Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III

Can i copy a container object with the content?

Is it possible to copy a container object with all included objects?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You can copy the container into the same document, but not into another document. The container contains links to its contents and the linked objects are NOT copied with the container.

If you are copying into a new document, you will also need to clone each of the linked objects and paste into the new document - if you use Paste as Link the object ID is preserved and the pasted container will work. Once tested you can delete the objects you pasted in (delete only selected object, so the link in the container is not deleted).

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

Yes it is possible select the container by selecting it by click on the caption and try with Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V in new sheet

Regards

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes..You can just right click on the border of Container object and copy the object just like normal object.

BR,

Chinna

qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Tried Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. But this works only in the same report. If you copy in a new report you get only the container object.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You can copy the container into the same document, but not into another document. The container contains links to its contents and the linked objects are NOT copied with the container.

If you are copying into a new document, you will also need to clone each of the linked objects and paste into the new document - if you use Paste as Link the object ID is preserved and the pasted container will work. Once tested you can delete the objects you pasted in (delete only selected object, so the link in the container is not deleted).

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
its_anandrjs

Hi,

This works only in the same QVW document

Regards

Anand

qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I had hoped to trick the copy to me easier. Seems that there is none.